Episode 9 of the For A Living Podcast is now available on Soundcloud and on iTunes.
Professor Robert Bruno, Professor Emily E. LB Twarog, and Frank Manzo IV discuss state and local initiatives to support workers. Topics include the minimum wage, paid sick time, paid safe time, fair scheduling laws, prevailing wage laws, responsible bidder ordinances, local hire ordinances, and other policies.
- Elizabeth Warren – The Minimum Wage Saved My Family
- FiveThirtyEight – “Low-Wage Workers Are Getting A Raise, And Economists Are Getting An Experiment”
- University of Illinois – The Impact of a Minimum Wage Increase on Housing Affordability in Illinois
- Illinois Economic Policy Institute – A Minimum-Wage Worker Cannot Afford a Modest Apartment
- InTheseTimes – “Chicago Is Failing to Enforce It’s $10.50 Minimum Wage”
- National Partnership for Women & Families – Paid Sick and Safe Time in Seattle
- Indiana, Illinois, Iowa Foundation for Fair Contracting – Responsible Bidder Ordinance
- Ballotpedia – Nashville area local-hire mandate
For A Living is a weekly educational podcast jointly provided by the Illinois Economic Policy Institute and the Project for Middle Class Renewal at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Thanks for listening!