In this solo podcast, I discuss the following 10 examples of how unions can – and do – improve the economy:
- Union workers earn higher wages;
- Unions reduce income inequality;
- Union workers receive less government assistance;
- Union workers contribute more in taxes;
- Unions increase productivity in some sectors;
- Unions reduce turnover rates;
- Unions fight against child labor;
- Unions fight against discrimination;
- Unions bargain for efficient contracts; and
- Unions fight against the power of owners, especially in sports.
Related: Illinois Economic Policy Institute (2015) – Unions Can Increase Efficiency: Ten Examples
Thanks for listening!